The Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration provides academic excellence in the development of students for leadership roles in a global hospitality industry; by pursuing ethical, innovative and value-enhancing strategies and research in a cultural diverse and technologically advanced world.
Cecil B. Day
The Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration is the oldest and largest program of its type in the state of Georgia. It is named in honor of the late founder of the Days Inn Hotel Company. His legacy of excellence serves as the foundation upon which the School of Hospitality Administration bases it vision for preparing graduates to be the next generation of hospitality executives.
Points of Pride
- The school is the oldest, largest and only dual-accredited (AACSB and ACPHA) hospitality program in Georgia.
- The School of Hospitality is among the world’s Top 30 hotel management programs according to HotelierMiddleEast.
- The School of Hospitality is ranked among the Top 20 hospitality programs in the U.S. according to TheBestSchools.org.
- The School of Hospitality is ranked in the nations Top 25 programs. Ranked by the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, the school was #13 overall and #12 among public institutions.
- All hospitality faculties, full-time and part-time, have hospitality industry experience. Collectively, the faculty have more than 400 years of hospitality and tourism industry work and teaching experience.
- The School’s Industry Board comprises more than 65 hospitality leaders from all facets of the industry. These leaders support the school through guest lecturing in classes, mentoring and hiring students and providing support with major school projects.
- The School offers two learning facilities; the Hospitality Learning Center inside the Georgia World Congress Center (the Phil Noyes Classroom) and the Culinary Learning Center (the George McKerrow Culinary Lab) located inside the Bennett A. Brown Commerce Building on campus.
Careers in Hospitality
Majoring in hospitality administration will prepare you for a career in the largest service industry in the world. There are career opportunities in every segment of this broad and diverse profession including: